Yoga for the Lymphatic System with Annette Loudon
You will learn-
• What the purpose of the lymphatic system is and its role in immune function;
• How to use Yoga to enhance lymph function for
• overall health;
• those with a compromised lymphatic system;
• those with immune disorders.
• What the current evidence-base is that supports the effective use of yoga for improved function of the lymphatic system.
Just as many movies portray the eternal battle for supremacy between good and bad, such a struggle also exists in the human body. The amazing lymphatic system is one of the key players that collects, deals with and gets rid of the “baddies” without any conscious effort from us. This extraordinary system picks up any intercellular debris (fats, bacteria, viruses, proteins) and filters it through a network of capillaries, lymph vessels and lymph nodes, with the result that cleansed fluid is returned back to the venous system. It is an integral part of our immune function.
Different to the venous system, the pumping of lymph is partly controlled by slow full breathing and physical movement. This along with the location of lymph vessels in the fascia, makes yoga an ideal practice for enhancing lymph flow whether in a healthy or compromised lymphatic system.