RETREAT AND TOUR HIGHLIGHTS:
• 13 Yoga, meditation, relaxation and mindfulness sessions
• Internationally acclaimed retreat leader and group facilitator, Sal Flynn
• 4 nights traditional Bhutanese 3 star hotels and 5 nights 5 star delightful heritage style resort accommodation
• Destinations include Thimphu City, Punakha Valley and Paro Valley
• Special Lhab Sang Puja (long life ceremony) with monks
• Traditional lunch at a Bhutanese farmhouse
• Kyichu Lhakhang, Bhutan’s oldest monastery
• Golden Buddha (51 metres high)
• Chimi Lhakhang monastery
• Walking meditation and special pilgrimage to Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest) –Bhutan’s most sacred monastery
• Bhutan is tucked amongst the foothills of the Himalaya
• Visit Punakha’s awesome Dzong (medieval castle) - Bhutan’s best!
You will be inspired by this nation which created the Gross National Happiness measurement and is committed to the preservation of culture, ethical governance, economic responsibility and environmental care.
"Thank you so much for all your efforts putting this trip together. It was everything I had hoped for. It was a fabulous group of dynamic, interesting people. The yoga with Sal Flynn was wonderful and Bhutan ..... well what can I say?!! It is still a relatively unspoilt destination and we had such an authentic experience. The local Bhutanese people are friendly and we all felt very safe with our drivers. The guides were so knowledgeable and speak perfect English (even getting all our jokes) .They couldn’t do enough to help us and the camaraderie amongst them made us feel very relaxed as they laughed a lot, smiled and chatted amongst themselves the whole way. I think I’ll become one of your “groupies” and come to your next retreat too!"
- Nanette Watson
Your inspirational and highly experienced, retreat leader is Sal Flynn, leading retreat facilitator, Yoga teacher/therapy educator, psychotherapist and mindfulness specialist.
Why Travel with Us?
We take all the hard work out of booking a trip – saving you time and money
• We source the best sites to see and the best places to stay and eat so you don't have to spend hours researching it yourself
• Your retreat tour is combined with travel to the top cultural and spiritual destinations in Bhutan
• You will experience a retreat with one of Australia’s leading Yoga retreat leaders and group facilitators, Sal Flynn
• Travel with like-minded people
• We work with specialist travel agents who have decades of experience in running group tours
• They provide excellent customer service right from the time of your booking
• and detailed, up to the minute travel advice, including visas, currency, flight booking – critical when travelling to developing countries
• Plus we work directly with travel partners on the ground in all three destinations to ensure you don't have to do anything except immerse yourself in the experience.
"Our Bhutan adventure was a fantastic immersion of yoga, beautiful environment and great people. Sal Flynn was an excellent leader and very supportive throughout the whole journey along with the guides and drivers keeping us all safe and on schedule. With the comfortable accommodation and a wonderful choice of food, it was difficult to return home. There were many highlights of the trip and in particular the pilgrimage to the Taktsang Monastery (Tigers Nest) was at the top of the list! Thank you Enlightened Events for a journey filled with many happy memories and cherished friendships."
- Robyn Raneng
Join us for a trip to remember.
"We had a wonderful Bhutan experience. This " jewel" of a country is breathtaking in every way. The people are friendly and quietly give so much, the guides are extremely knowledgeable about absolutely everything and have a great sense of humour and sensitivity. Our accommodation was excellent. Words fail me as far as the culture and traditions go. And above and beyond all of that is that indescribable " Mystical aura" about this place that seems to be in and around everything and everyone. We are incredibly grateful and feel very lucky. The trip was fantastic and surpassed our anticipation. What a luxury to finish off at the Zhiwa ling hotel. The hospitality was amazing. Overall I can't fault my Bhutan experience, from the moment I contacted Trina at Enlightened Events I felt assured that I had made the right decision and that I was in professional hands. This was a trip of a lifetime. One which I will treasure and certainly recommend to others. I hope Bhutan does not extend out into the world too quickly and keeps its mysticism and that special something I have not found anywhere else."
- Edda Board