The AYTC is Australia’s premier Yoga therapy event, now in its seventh year! The AYTC is the only chance you have all year to meet, network and learn from leading Australian and international Yoga therapists all under one roof.
It’s not often that you have the chance to learn from someone who has been teaching yoga for 45 years but at the Australian Yoga Therapy Conference you will hear from TWO leading, international speakers who have BOTH being teaching yoga for 45 years! Richard C. Miller, PhD, is an internationally acclaimed clinical psychologist, author, researcher, and spiritual teacher who is renowned for his work using iRest Meditation with people experiencing trauma, PTSD, pain, anxiety, insomnia and chemical dependency and Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa PhD, who is a Medical Family therapist, highly experienced Yoga therapist and Yoga teacher trainer and specialist in diabetes, cancer, heart disease. HIV, depression and CFS.
These renowned speakers are joined by leading Australian yoga therapy specialists including Kaye Tribe, Louise Godfrey, Janet Lowndes, Alan Goode, Dr. Rama Prasad, Georgie Davidson and Sal Flynn.
YOU WILL LEARN:
• The latest, cutting edge research into Yoga
• How to use Prana as Medicine
• The Application of Yogic Tools for Mental Health
• How to improve digestion for better health
• An integrated approach to pain management that is guided by the
• Latest developments in neuroscience, immunology, physiology and psychology and
• Specific practices that are beneficial when working with those with pain.
• Learn to develop your sense of touch to enhance your Yoga Therapy observation skills
• Take away useful skills to enhance your observation skills
• The relationship between body image issues, disordered eating and Eating Disorders
• How a Yoga Therapist might assist someone with an Eating Disorder
• Precautions and Scope of Practice issues for Yoga Therapists working with people with Eating Disorders
• An understanding of Eating Disorders – through a Yogic lens
• Yoga Therapy practices for Anxiety and Stress
• The Mind Body Relationship in practice
• Practical skills and techniques that you can apply straightaway
• And so much more!
The Australian Yoga Therapy Conference is a great opportunity for you to learn practical tools and techniques from leaders in the Yoga therapy field and connect with like-minded professionals and catch up with each other!