Australian Yoga Therapy Conference 2018
Presented by: Enlightened Events
The Australian Yoga Therapy Conference (AYTC) is Australia’s premier Yoga therapy event now in its eighth year – in 2018 featuring, two international speakers. Donna Farhi, acclaimed Yoga educator and author. Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa PhD, is a Medical Family therapist, highly experienced Yoga therapist and Yoga therapy trainer and specialist in diabetes, cancer, heart disease. HIV, depression and CFS.
The AYTC is the only chance you have all year to meet, network and learn from leading Australian and international Yoga therapists all under one roof.
You will Learn
• The latest, cutting edge research into Yoga
• Prana as Medicine
• Enhance your Yoga Therapy Observation Skills
• The Application of Yogic Tools for Mental Health
• How to improve digestion for better health
• An integrated approach to pain management
• Yoga Therapy for Anxiety and Stress
• Practices to assist those with eating disorders
• Plus much more
• Dr. Richard
• Dr. Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa, international Yoga therapy educator,
• Kaye Tribe, specialist teacher of
• Louise Godfrey, Yoga Therapy educator, specialist in mental health and preventative health
• Janet Lowndes, Psychologist, Yoga therapy trainer and eating disorders specialist
• Dr. Rama
• Georgie Davidson, musculoskeletal physiotherapist, Yoga and mindfulness
• Sal Flynn, acclaimed Yoga therapy educator, psychotherapist, specialist in anxiety and trauma
Benefits of Attending the AYTC
• Learn from leading Yoga therapists and researchers
• Learn practical techniques to apply with your clients
• Educate yourself about the latest Yoga research
• Connect with like-minded professionals in the field of Yoga therapy
• Deepen your knowledge of Yoga as a therapeutic practice
• Earn 11 CPD points
Who Should Attend?
• Yoga therapists seeking to expand their knowledge
• Yoga teachers who want to add a new dimension to their teaching
• Medical doctors, health professionals and complementary therapists who want to use evidence-based, Yoga practices in their work
• Yoga researchers seeking to learn from and connect with leading researchers
• Anyone who wishes to use Yoga to improve their health
Donna Farhi is a Yoga teacher who has been practicing for 40 years and teaching since 1982. She is one of the most sought after guest teachers in the world, leading intensives and teacher training programs internationally.
More information about Donna's presentation coming soon.
Prana as Medicine with Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa PhD
Annette Loudon has been teaching Yoga with a focus on yoga therapy for 18 years. Read More about this Presentation.
The Heart of Healing with Leigh Blaskhi
Leigh Blashki is often described as the ‘father of yoga therapy in Australia’ and is sort-after presenter nationally and internationally. He is a past-president and founding member of Yoga Australia. Leigh has over 40 years’ experience as a Yoga and meditation teacher. Much of the work of a yoga therapist depends upon her/his (yoga and therapeutic) knowledge and skills as well as an ability to tap into and trust her/his place of both ‘inner knowing’ and ‘not knowing’ and developing a deep resonance with those we serve through our work. A vital question for yoga therapists is: can we find an effective balance between using our knowledge and skills gained in Yoga therapy training and ‘getting out of the way’ and letting the healing mystery unfold? In this presentation, you will be guided into a self-inquiry to discover, recover or simply call forward the heart of healing that resides in all of us. Ways of establishing this ‘heart of healing’ as the foundation for the work of yoga therapy will be explored, so that participants can come away inspired and with sense of connectedness that will help them throughout the conference and forward into their life and work.
Why Good Digestion is Essential for Health with Dr. Rama Prasad
Dr. Rama Prasad is one of Australasia’s most qualified and experienced Ayurvedic physicians and educators. He has been teaching, presenting and practicing Ayurveda internationally for over 25 years. This presentation will be an in-depth discussion on digestion and metabolism. What does Ayurveda say about the microbiome? Rama will explain the Ayurvedic concept of Koshtam (gut flora). He will also detail the importance of Agni, the digestive 'fire' which includes the digestive juices such as enzymes, hormones and acids and balam (immune and vitality system). Rama's dynamic presentation skills make learning a memorable and life-changing experience.
The Mind Body Relationship in Practice with Alan Goode
Alan Goode is the Director of the Yoga Mandir in Canberra. He is a direct student of BKS Iyengar and has been teaching Yoga since 1983. In this presentation, Alan will examine the body mind relationship and how we might use practice to bring about the outcomes that Patanjali spoke of in the Yoga Sutras. You will learn about the role the mind plays in health, Iyengar’s approach to Ashtanga Yoga, what Patanjali says about pain versus suffering and you will participate in some experiential practices. Read More about this Presentation.
Explore Pain: The Art and Science of a Mindfulness-Based Intervention with Georgie Davidson
Georgie Davidson is a Musculoskeletal physiotherapist, Yoga teacher, Mindfulness practitioner and educator. She offers an integrated approach to pain management guided by physiology, psychology and neuroscience. In this presentation, you will learn an integrated approach to pain management that is guided by the latest developments in neuroscience, immunology, physiology and psychology, as well as, specific practices that are beneficial when working with those with pain. Read More about this Presentation.
Yoga Therapy for Anxiety and Stress with Sal Flynn
Sal Flynn is a highly experienced and engaging Yoga therapy educator and mentor and psychotherapist trainer. In this presentation, you will learn to recognise the difference between worry, fear and anxiety, gain an understanding about life limiting anxiety and learn yoga techniques that you can apply to best support your student and clients with anxiety. Read More about this Presentation.
Ethics and the Yoga Therapist - Panel
Karine Shellshear is a Yoga teacher, Yoga therapist and the current President of the Australasian Association of Yoga Therapists. She joins us on the panel to speak on Ethics and the Yoga Therapist. Karine has taught Yoga for over 10 years and been a Yoga Therapist for two years, having trained with Dr N. Chandrasekaran at the Yoga Vaidya Sala in Chennai. Her original training was with the Yoga (Sanga) Institute (1000 hrs), and accredited with the Krishnamacharya Yoga Healing Foundation (KYHF).
Master of Ceremonies - Bob Hughes
Bob Hughes is a journalist and broadcaster whose website Thisisreallyinteresting.com covers where peer reviewed science meets quality of life. He appears regularly with Tony Delroy on ABC Radio nationally. He is also a farmer and photographer.
Date: 15-16 September 2018, 9am - 5pm