Mindfulness Based Yoga Therapy and Counselling Skills Course - Sydney
Presented by: Enlightened Events
The AAYT recognised, Mindfulness Based Yoga Therapy and Counselling Skills Course is a unique opportunity to learn basic counselling skills that you can use to support your Yoga students and clients. This 5 day course will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge required to become a more competent, effective Yoga teacher or Yoga therapist. You will gain skills that allow you to work more effectively both in a class setting and within a professional therapeutic setting when working with clients one to one. You will also be introduced to the Yoga therapy process and protocols.
Undertake the Counselling Skills Course and YOU will –
• learn advanced interpersonal skills and counselling micro skills, including attending skills, basic questioning skills, focusing, reflection of meaning and influencing skills
• practice counselling techniques
• learn about mindfulness in relationship
• learn about professional and ethical issues
• cultivate rapport and empathy for someone in distress
• learn how to use touch effectively and ethically
• gain insight into a person’s feelings, experience and behaviour
• maintain your resourcefulness in challenging situations
• learn more about yourself
• learn self-care strategies
• learn from leading Yoga therapy educator and psychotherapist, Sal Flynn
• receive personalised attention within a small group setting
• learn how to make referrals to other professionals
• receive training that is hands on, practical and experiential
• learn skills necessary to facilitate therapeutic groups
• understand the professional practice and administrative issues involved in running a therapeutic practice
• undertake an AAYT recognised course (Australasian Association of Yoga Therapists)
• meet some membership standards to become a recognised Yoga therapist with AAYT*
• complete some requirements towards the Graduate Certificate in Yoga Therapy qualification*
• earn CPD points for Yoga Australia or equivalent
* Conditions apply
The course will be taught by Yoga therapy educator and psychotherapist, Sal Flynn. Sal is one of Australia's leading Yoga therapy educators. She mentors many yoga therapists and teachers throughout Australia. She is a psychotherapist and psychotherapist trainer at the Centre for Existential Practice and formally at Jansen Newman Institute. Sal is also trained to deliver the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) programs. She is a specialist in Yoga therapy and trauma and Yoga therapy and anxiety.
To find out more about Sal Flynn, please click here.
Contact us to find out more.
Book now to secure your place in this exciting new course! Places won’t last long!
The course structure allows for easy attendance by interstate and overseas participants.
Dates: Thursday 21 - Monday 25 March 2019
Venue: Randwick, Sydney