Mindfulness Based Yoga Therapy and Counselling Skills Course - Melbourne
Presented by: Enlightened EventsThe AAYT recognised, Mindfulness Based Yoga Therapy and Counselling Skills Course is a unique opportunity to learn basic counselling skills that you can use to support your Yoga students and clients. This 5 day course will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge required to become a more competent, effective Yoga teacher or Yoga therapist. You will gain skills that allow you to work more effectively both in a class setting and within a professional therapeutic setting when working with clients one to one. You will also be introduced to the Yoga therapy process and protocols.
Undertake the Counselling Skills Course and YOU will –
• Gain an understanding of Mindfulness practice and its application in the therapeutic relationship and for self-care
• Develop basic counselling and therapeutic relationship skills relevant to Yoga Therapy
• Develop communication skills essential for the Yoga Therapy setting
• Gain an understanding of the legal, ethical and administrative issues involved in running a therapeutic practice
• Learn about the professional practice issues involved in running a therapeutic practice, including how to communicate with other health professionals
• Gain the necessary skills to facilitate therapeutic groups
• An understanding of the application of Yogic principles in professional practice
• An awareness of OH&S, including the importance of therapist self-care and a clear understanding of the practices beneficial to enhancing your own self-care
• Clarify the meaning of Ethical Practice within the context of administration and promotion of services
• receive training that is hands on, practical and experiential
• learn skills necessary to facilitate therapeutic groups
• undertake an AAYT recognised course (Australasian Association of Yoga Therapists)
• meet some membership standards to become a recognised Yoga therapist with AAYT*
• complete some requirements towards the Graduate Certificate in Yoga Therapy qualification*
• earn CPD points for Yoga Australia or equivalent
* Conditions apply
The course will be taught by Yoga therapy educator and psychotherapist, Sal Flynn. Sal is one of Australia's leading Yoga therapy educators. She mentors many yoga therapists and teachers throughout Australia. She is a psychotherapist and psychotherapist trainer at the Centre for Existential Practice and formally at Jansen Newman Institute. Sal is also trained to deliver the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) programs. She is a specialist in Yoga therapy and trauma and Yoga therapy and anxiety.
To find out more about Sal Flynn, please click here.
Contact us to find out more.
Book now to secure your place in this exciting new course! Places won’t last long!
The course structure allows for easy attendance by interstate and overseas participants.
Dates: 10 - 14 May 2019
Cost: $900 for the first 5 people to register and then $1250 after that
Venue: The Abbotsford Convent, Melbourne