Yoga Therapy for Anxiety Online Workshop with Dr Shirley Telles
Presented by: Enlightened Events
Learn how Yoga can be used as a therapeutic tool to manage anxiety and enhance feelings of well-being with Dr. Shirley Telles, leading international Yoga
therapist, medical doctor, neurophysiologist, and world famous Yoga researcher, in this workshop on Yoga Therapy for Anxiety.
Generalized anxiety is increasingly common in people across the age span despite them having very different life circumstances. When Yoga practices are
practiced correctly, they can be very useful to alleviate anxiety and promote a sense of well being.
Yoga Therapy can assist our clients/students to change the way they live so they can:
• learn tangible ‘tools’ to self-regulate anxiety
• increase positive feelings and reduce negative ones
• increase self-acceptance and cope better with their life circumstances
You will learn:
• Evidence-based Yoga practices to help your clients/students manage anxiety
• Updated scientific research about yoga and anxiety management
• Philosophical principles including, the yogic perspective on anxiety
• Lifestyle changes, including diet and level of activity
Workshop will include:
• Presentation with slides (45 mins)
• Q&A (15 mins)
• Practice session (30 mins)
Times are approximate
About Dr Shirley Telles, M.B.B.S., M. Phil., Ph.D.
Dr. Shirley Telles is the world’s most prominent Yoga researcher. She has published 198 articles in international journals. She also has written 7 books
and 17 chapters in books. Shirley is a highly sought after speaker at national and international conferences. Shirley is co-editor of the book - The
Principles and Practice of Yoga in Health Care. She is the Director of Research at Patanjali Yogpeeth, Hardwar, India, and Head, Indian Council of
Medical Research Center for Advanced Research in Yoga and Neurophysiology at Bangalore, a federal research centre of excellence.
She has a PhD in Neurophysiology and a medical degree and has been the recipient of many awards, including from the John Templeton Foundation USA,
for an essay on “Neurophysiology of Mental Emancipation” and a Fulbright Fellowship to study "Functional magnetic resonance imaging in meditators"
at the Dept. of Radiology, University of Florida.
Shirley is an active yoga practitioner and believes that yoga practice positively impacts all dimensions of life. She has been invited to speak to the
Dalai Lama on Yoga. Shirley is an engaging, knowledgeable and interesting presenter. She has run many workshops for Enlightened Events audiences and
has developed her own local ‘fan club.’
Who Should Attend?
• Yoga therapists seeking to expand their knowledge
• Yoga teachers who wish to assist their students
• Medical doctors, health professionals and complementary therapists who want to use evidence-based, Yoga practices in their work
• Yoga researchers seeking to learn about the latest research into Yoga and Anxiety
Benefits of attending the Yoga Therapy for Anxiety online workshop:
• Learn from Dr. Shirley Telles, world leading expert on Yoga
• Learn practical tools and techniques that you can apply immediately with your students and clients
• Educate yourself about the safest and most effective way to teach Yoga to your clients with anxiety
• Deepen your knowledge of Yoga as a therapeutic practice
• Yoga teachers are eligible for 1.5 Continuing Professional Development points
Information about how to attend the session on Zoom will be provided closer to the time.
You will need –
• a computer and internet connection
• a yoga mat
• wear loose, comfortable clothing
Date: Saturday, 7 November 2020
Time: 1.30pm – 3.00pm (AEDT) – time in NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS
Cost: $79 including GST
Remember, if you are unable to make the live class, it will be recorded and available to you for 30 days after the event.