Yoga Therapy and Trauma Workshop
Presented by: Enlightened EventsSurviving Trauma: Integrating Mindfulness, Yoga Therapy and Neuroscience
Yoga is an effective complementary tool in the management of trauma and post-traumatic stress when used correctly. In this unique workshop, you will examine the roots of trauma and post-traumatic stress through the lenses of contemporary neuroscience, mindfulness practice and Yoga. You will focus on the similarities between the yogic and neuroscience descriptions of the features of trauma and learn how they can be addressed by mindfulness practices and Yoga.
You will learn and practice trauma-informed Yoga and meditation techniques that can cultivate mindful embodiment and allow the nervous system to heal and build resilience, restore personal integration and self regulation.
You will learn:
• How to work safely with those affected by trauma and PTSD
• The fundamentals of somatically based, trauma theory
• Parallels between neuroscience and Yoga practice regarding trauma and PTSD
• Specific trauma-informed mindfulness and Yoga skills and how these transform the brain
• Learn and practice trauma-sensitive, mindfulness based, Yoga methods that increase awareness and understanding of reactive sensations, movements, and emotions
• Apply trauma-sensitive, mindfulness based Yoga therapy methods to calm the body and brain
• Demonstrate how meditation and Yoga can be modified to be safe and effective for trauma survivors
• What to avoid when working with trauma and PTSD
Sal Flynn – Trauma Trainer
Sal Flynn is a highly experienced and engaging Yoga therapy educator and mentor. She is a psychotherapist and psychotherapist trainer at the Centre for Existential Practice and formally at Jansen Newman Institute. Sal is also trained to deliver the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) programs.
Sal’s clients are often people living with or managing the affects of trauma in their lives. She is experienced with the survivors of military conflict and family violence or abuse. She is on the faculty of the Graduate Certificate in Yoga Therapy, and The Centre for Existential Practice, and is a nationally registered Clinical Supervisor. She conducts a private Psychotherapy and Yoga Therapy practice and mentors Yoga Teachers and Therapists throughout Australia.
Who Should attend?
• Yoga therapists and yoga teachers• Medical doctors, health professionals and complementary therapists who want to use evidence-based, Yoga practices in their work
Benefits of attending the Yoga Therapy and Trauma workshop
• Learn from Sal Flynn, leading Yoga therapy educator and trauma specialist
• Learn practical tools and techniques that you can apply immediately with your students and clients
• Educate yourself about the latest research in Yoga and trauma
• Connect with a network of yoga teachers and therapists working in this field
• Deepen your knowledge of Yoga as a therapeutic practice
• Yoga teachers are eligible for 14 Continuing Professional Development points
Date:16 – 17 June 2018, 9am - 5pm
Venue: Spring Hill, QLD
Cost: $450 for the first 10 bookings, then $550 thereafter.
I have attended a lot workshops and facilitate workshops as well. I wanted to express my deepest gratitude for experiencing your amazing workshop. It is with great enthusiasm to say that this Yoga therapy & Trauma Workshop experience was transformative–both professionally and personally. This workshop will long remain a high point of my life. As well as connecting with other awesome humans who attended and received immense learning from them as well. I am feeling energized and excited to teach my Yoga classes this week. I can’t wait to use all of my new teaching tools and insights. I will absolutely recommend this workshop to other professional educators!
- Judy Berry ( Jivancharu)
This program does not focus on work with children.
This workshop was previously held in Sydney in 2016 and in 2018 contains new information.