Yoga Therapy for Chronic Stress
Presented by: Enlightened Events
This workshop has been postponed til 2021. New dates will be provided soon. We all know that the act of living involves stress. Yet, in order to support ourselves and others to live ‘better’, it’s important to recognise the specificity of context, conditions and the individual. This workshop combines theory and practice to equip you professionally and personally to deal with the manifestations of chronic stress.
In this two day workshop, you will:
• Shift your thinking around who is vulnerable.
• Discover what the latest research is revealing about chronic stress
• Gain clarity on emotional dissonance, buffers and, coping strategies
• Understand the importance of recovery and sleep
• Investigate the subtleties of breath regulation for balancing the nervous system
• Explore a proposed intervention model based on the Yoga Sutras
You will dive into experiential learning through a range of targeted activities and Yoga Therapy practices.
Trish David is an experienced educator, Yoga therapist and counsellor. Trish has conducted group classes, workshops and one-to-one sessions since 2007. Trish is a registered senior teacher with Yoga Australia and the Queensland College of Teachers and is a certified Yoga therapist with IAYT, AAYT and YA. She is a faculty member of the Enlightened Events Graduate Certificate in Yoga Therapy and is also registered with the Australian Counselling Association. Trish completed a Master of Education including research into burnout, health and Yoga. She has been a volunteer Yoga teacher at the Cancer Council since 2015 and was a Lifeline Crisis Support Worker. She is also trained in A.C.T. therapy and has completed the MBCT course.
1. Connecting with The Issues
• Historical Perspectives
• Current Contexts
2. Focussing on The Conditions
• The Specificity of Burnout
• Compassion Fatigue
3. Models for Understanding and Intervention Before and Beyond
• Selected Stress Models
• Meaning-Focussed Coping and Recovery
• A Proposed Model of Sutra-Based Intervention
4. Be the Change
• Supporting Recovery
• Enabling Coping
• Now, what next? Mindful Engagement
Who Should Attend?
• Yoga therapists, yoga teachers and yoga teacher trainees
• Medical doctors, health professionals and complementary therapists who want to use evidence-based, Yoga practices in their work
Benefits of attending the Yoga therapy for Chronic Stress workshop:
• Learn from Trish David, experienced educator, Yoga therapist and counsellor.
• Learn practical tools and techniques that you can apply immediately with your students and clients
• Educate yourself about the safest and most effective way to teach Yoga to those experiencing chronic stress
• Connect with a network of yoga teachers and therapists
• Deepen your knowledge of Yoga as a therapeutic practice
• Yoga teachers are eligible for 14 Continuing Professional Development points
Date: 6 - 7 June 2020, 9am - 5pm
Venue: Spring Hill, Brisbane, QLD
Cost: $450 Earlybird rate for the first 10 bookings, then $550 thereafter.